The pandemic has hit the events industry hard as all events have one thing in common: To bring people together. We want to do this in a way that is as safe and inclusive as possible. We want you to have a safe and comfortable experience here in Berlin.
We are monitoring the national health advise from Robert Koch Institut, the German federal government agency and research institute responsible for disease control and prevention, closely and will update our plans accordingly if necessary. We are also collaborating closely on health concepts with our venue Kulturbrauerei. Below are the current rules for Berlin Buzzwords:
IMPORTANT CHANGE (25 May 2022): We aren't legally allowed to check vaccine passports anymore, because the legal regulation that allowed event organizers to review sensitive personal health data such as the vaccination status, has been rescinded recently in Germany.
We still strongly recommend that you only attend Berlin Buzzwords in Berlin this year if you are fully vaccinated with an additional booster shot. However, we are unable to enforce our previous rule that only vaccinated individuals get access to the venue, and that rule is therefore no longer in effect.
In order to still make Berlin Buzzwords 2022 a safe event for everyone, our indoor mask mandate remains in place, and we strongly recommend using a FFP2/(K)N95 mask, since it offers superior protection for you and others.
We also strongly recommend that you test yourself for COVID-19 before entering the venue on each day, and use Corona Warn App during your stay in Berlin.
If you have any questions or concerns about this change in our rules, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
You can find the complete list of our rules for Berlin Buzzwords 2022 below:
- Due to a change in legal regulation we legally aren't allowed to check vaccine certificates anymore.
We still strongly recommend that everyone who attends Berlin Buzzwords in Berlin be vaccinated with two vaccinations plus an additional booster shot
- You will be required to wear a medicinal mask or FFP2/(K)N95 mask indoors.
We want to encourage you to wear an FFP2 mask (or equivalent), since it provides better protection for you and others. There will be a designated catering area where you can take of your mask for drinks and food, however we ask you to put back on your mask once your finished your meal or drink.
- All participants will be informed in case of an outbreak using the provided contact details
- We request that anyone sick or experiencing any cold/flu-like symptoms stay home for their own safety and the safety of others
- We encourage you to to test yourself for COVID-19 before attending the event. You can find a map of free rapid test stations at map.schnelltestportal.de/. There is also a test center on the premises of our venue Kulturbrauerei, which you can find here.
- We also want to encourage you to use Corona Warn App (CWA) during your stay in Berlin. CWA is the official contract tracing app of the German Federal Ministry of Health and provides anonymous and decentralized contact tracing using the Google/Apple Exposure Notification system. You can learn more about CWA at coronawarn.app/en/
Update (25 May 2022): We again updated our rules to reflect the change in legal regulations here in Germany. The Health & Safety information have been moved to a dedicated page on the website, and removed from the News section.
Update (28 April 2022): We updated our rules to reflect the change in legal regulations here in Germany.
Update (21 December 2021): The European Commission has adopted new rules according to which the EU vaccination certificates have a validity period of 9 months. In order for your EU Digital COVID Certificate to stay valid, booster vaccinations are needed. We recommend getting a booster jab as soon as it is available to you.
We will update these rules as required and also provide you with additional information as they become available. If you have any questions, concerns or recommendations, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
(last updated: 2022-05-25)